~2-3.5 hours. This depends on age, condition, and square footage of the home.
No. In fact, I prefer that clients only join at the end, with their agent, for the walk through with the inspector. This is done for liability reasons.
- Roof: Roof coverings, gutter, downspouts, vents, flashing, skylights, chimney, roof penetrations and the general structure of the roof.
- Attic, Insulation & Ventilation: Insulation and ventilations of unfinished spaces, attics, crawl space, foundation areas and exhaust systems.
- Exterior: Siding, windows, exterior doors, flashing & trim, walkways, driveways, stairs, patios & decks and drainage.
- Basement, foundation, crawlspace, structure: Foundation movement, cracks, structural concerns and indication of water penetration.
- Cooling: Cooling system, location of thermostat, energy source and cooling method.
- Heating: heating system, location of thermostat, energy sources, and heating method.
- Fireplace: Visible portions of the fireplace and chimneys, lintels, damper doors, and cleanout doors and frames.
- Plumbing: main water and fuel supply shut-off valves, water heater, interior water supply, toilets, sinks, tubs, showers, drain, waste, and vent systems.
- Electrical: Service drops, overhead service conductors, service head and mast, main service disconnect, panelboards, grounding, switches, light fixtures, receptacles deemed to be AFCI & GFCI, and the presence of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Doors, windows and interior: Representative number of doors & windows, floors, walls, ceilings, stairs, railings, garage doors and openers
Yes, you are sent an email with a link to view and save your report.
I try my best to accommodate requests.
Yes. I can modify inspection dates as needed based on builder timeline.
I have a few contractors that I’ve worked with in the past that I can recommend. I still recommend you contact at least 3 in each area for quotes and do your own research. Click here for the referrals page.
I look for signs of microbial growth and can offer samples to be sent to a lab for expert testing. The mold sample report would be a 24-48 hrs turnaround.
Mainly the size of the property including the garage area are used to determine the inspection fee. An additional travel fee is applied if you are outside of a 40 miles radius from Vero Beach FL.
Yes. They will receive their own log in for HomeGauge as well.
No. You are the sole owner of your report and can share it as you see fit. I will never share your report with anyone. (This is a good question to ask inspectors to see if your information is being sold to third party companies like insurance.)
It is a requirement for a VA loan. I also recommend getting one performed on houses that are over 5 years old or wood frame built. Even CBS homes have wood elements.
If you are purchasing an existing home, as soon as you are under contract your inspection should be scheduled so you receive your report prior to your option period expiring. If you are building a home, inspections should be scheduled to coincide with builder timelines for each phase. For other types of inspections (Builder Warranty Inspection, Pre-Listing Inspection, etc.), it’s at your convenience.
Most of the time same day, however if longer than 24 hours this will be discussed at appointment booking.